As part of the COVID-19 ‘Plan for Jobs’ that will spur the UK’s economic recovery, an incentive payment will be made to employers hiring an Apprentice.
Hiring an Apprentice is a productive and effective way for any business to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
As the economy recovers from the COVID-19 outbreak, Apprenticeships will be more important than ever in helping businesses to recruit the right people, and develop the skills they need to respond to conditions and grow – both now and in the long-term.
In recognition of the value Apprentices can bring to our economy, the government have announced that an incentive payment will be made to employers who hire an apprentice between 1st April 2021 and 30th September 2021.
What are the incentives?
You will received a payment of £3,000 for each apprentice you hire, from 1st April to 30th September, regardless of their age.
There is also an extra incentive payment of £1,000 when you hire an Apprentice aged 16-18, meaning you will receive £4000 in total.
How does it work?
- A payment for will be made to employers who hire an Apprentice between 1st April 2021 and 3oth September 2021.
- The Apprentice must be a new employee to the business, and must not have been employed by the employer within the six months prior to the contract start date.
- The Apprentice must have a contract of employment start date between 1st April 2021 and 3oth September 2021.
- Claims can start to be made by employers for their Apprentices from 1st September 2020.
- There will be no limit on the number of incentive payments that an employer can claim for Apprentices eligible to receive funding, provided each apprentice meets the criteria, including being a new employee.
- Funding is paid in two instalments; one at 90 days after recruitment and one at 365 days after recruitment with payments going into your DAS account.
- St Helens Chamber can help you set up an account to receive payments and help you find suitable Apprentices for your business.
Benefits of taking on an Apprentice
There are many benefits for businesses taking on an Apprentice. The current circumstances mean that many businesses in Liverpool need increased flexibility within their workforce in order to help their business recover.
- Apprenticeships will be more important than ever during the COVID-19 recovery phase.
- 77% of businesses say Apprenticeships make them more competitive.
- 80% of businesses who employ Apprentices think they make the workplace more productive.
- 83% of businesses who hire Apprentices rely on them to provide the skilled workers of the future.
Interested in finding out more?
Apprenticeships for Liverpool can help you access this funding and help you to recruit talented Apprentices from our pool of talented young people.
We also offer Value Added packages of training to help upskill/ build on Apprenticeship qualifications and compliment Apprentice’s training as part of our Apprenticeship offer.
Plus, we can help you claim an additional £1,000 Government incentive grant for recruitment of 16-18 year olds.
To find out more, call our Workforce Development team on 01744 742333 or email [email protected]